Head of Sales
We are looking for an experienced, committed and results-driven Head of Sales with a desire to create partnerships that achieve massive impact. You will play a pivotal role in the growth of Flashfood by helping architect the execution and scale our solution across North America.
Who we are:
With the rising cost of food and the challenges faced by our supply chain, Flashfood has become a staple in many North American families. At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and provide our communities with easier access to healthy, affordable food. We are tackling this gigantic problem with a diverse team of people from all different walks of life.
We live by our nine culture boards. What are they? They are a set of principles and values that drive us to stay confident but humble, patient but persistent, united but able to challenge, and most of all, to create a safe space to be authentic and have fun. Our common goal and commitment to a sustainable future keep us motivated to push through all the challenges we face together.
Food shouldn’t be wasted, and people shouldn’t be unable to afford groceries - we’re trying to solve one small part of these problems!
We are purposeful about instilling inclusion into our company culture and are committed to building a culture where people have the ability to learn and grow. Our current team is over 51% women, and we’re proud to say over 47% female representation within leadership positions.
Who you are:
- You have successfully sold into the North American grocery sector and have the scars to prove it!
- Experience at a start-up or scale-up is not necessary, but being energized by what we are building is critical to success in this role.
- You’ll be working closely with the CEO, but this is predominantly a results-driven role that’ll require ingenuity and drive
- You’re able to work with some guidance but excel with very little guidance because you’ve had the experience and the confidence to know how effective you are at narrating a story that benefits all stakeholders
- You don’t complain. You have had setbacks and likely have some high-performance background at some point in your life - ideally in sports
- You have experience selling in grocery either from a software or CPG background
What you will do:
- Get in front of new partners at the executive level in the North American grocery sector. You’ll tap into your network and past relationships to open the doors and set meetings with you and the CEO to tell our story
- Sign new partners for pilots and prospect existing pipeline contacts to continue moving conversations forward
- Get in front of as many senior folks at different grocery chains (large to mid-cap) as possible; you won’t accept a no
- Attend industry events and represent Flashfood
- Land and expand: you will own the land. You’re a hunter but will work closely with the team that owns the expansion
- Work collaboratively across teams - Operations and Marketing.
- Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development, likely presenting on a quarterly basis to the Board
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally
- Be a GREAT teammate
What You Will Need:
- Confidence to get in front of the right people; if you’re not able to initially, you’ll find a way.
- If you can’t run, you’ll walk; if you can’t walk, you’ll crawl; if you can’t crawl, you’ll… figure something else out? Rent a scooter?
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling to C-level or senior executives
- Passion for having a meaningful benefit to all stakeholders
- Team player and eager to collaborate and engage with others
- Ability to travel whenever called upon, travel is required in this role (likely not for long spurts, but getting to and from head offices will be expected and required)
- Competitive base salary with an individual bonus component
- Company-wide bonus
- Remote first/friendly company
- Flexible working hours - execute, and you’ll have a ton of autonomy
- Variety of virtual and in-person events to drive new business
- Professional development opportunities - $1,000/year
- Work from Home subsidy
- Monthly Flashfood credits
- Extra-long weekends from April to September
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.
This will be the most important work of your career.