Strategy & Operations Lead
US/Canada - Remote
Who We Are:
With the rising cost of food and the challenges faced by our supply chain, Flashfood has become a staple in many North American families. At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and provide our communities with easier access to healthy, affordable food. We are tackling this gigantic problem together, with a diverse team of people from all over the globe.
At Flashfood, we live by our nine culture boards. What are they, you ask? They are a set of principles and values that drive us to stay confident but humble, patient but persistent, united but able to challenge, and most of all, to create a safe space to be authentic and have fun. Our common goal and commitment to a sustainable future keep us motivated to push through all the challenges we face together.
We are purposeful about instilling inclusion into our company culture and are committed to building a blame-free culture where people have the ability to learn and grow. Our current team is over 51% women, and we’re proud to say over 47% female representation within leadership positions.
On the Flashfood Operations team, we are focused on creating an amazing, effortless experience for our customers and retail partners. We act as a bridge between shoppers, retail partners, and our technology. You could say that we are the glue that binds it all together.
The Operations Team’s Mission is to enable and inspire our grocery partners to maximize food waste reduction while providing a best-in-class shopping experience.
Who You Are:
- You have a data-driven mindset: comfortable with handling large datasets & identify trends and insights
- You love complex projects: you navigate ambiguity easily and can manage multiple moving parts and stakeholders
- You're a problem solver: when you recognize an issue, you seek solutions in real time
- You're a storyteller: know how to build and present to different audiences ranging from peers to executives
- You're a negotiator: influence without authority across external & cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- You're entrepreneurial: a drive & desire to shape business strategy & direction
- You’re adaptable: you thrive in an environment where every day is different and there’s always something new to learn
What You Will Do:
As a Strategy & Operations Lead at Flashfood, you’ll have the opportunity to continue to build our Biz Ops function. Our Biz Ops team leads innovation projects and provides insights & strategies to fuel revenue growth.
From the start, you’ll be instrumental in identifying and analyzing macro trends that negatively impact our revenue and spot opportunities we can capitalize on to improve revenue. You’ll develop and test strategies to optimize results and eliminate food waste.
- Drive end-to-end innovation projects with our partners and translate strategies into actionable plans
- Test initiatives effectively & create compelling business cases which represent strong value propositions for the company
- Present findings to senior stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams such as marketing & product, to ensure that insights inform broader critical initiatives
- Generate insights and fuel revenue growth by innovation and/or resolving core business issues
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting
- Develop analytical frameworks and reports to support the company in business decision-making and execution
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate processes through data driven insights
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years of experience in consulting or strategy, project or operations management
- Data-first problem solver with excellent Excel / data analysis skills
- 3+ years of experience in strategy, consulting or related experience
- Some high-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Outstanding project management, communication, organization & time management
- Experience building business cases and presenting to executive & senior stakeholders
- Self-motivated individual that works well independently
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Company-wide performance bonus
- Casual and remote-friendly work environment
- Extra long weekends April to September
- Monthly team events (virtual friendly)
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top Up Plan
- Professional development opportunities - $2,000/year
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Monthly Flashfood credits