Platform Cloud Security Engineer
Canada / US Remote
As we continue our rapid growth at Flashfood, we are looking for enthusiastic engineers to join our Engineering team. You are a passionate person with deep technical skills and are comfortable working in evolving technology infrastructure. You are a resourceful problem solver, future thinker, independent, and excited about having a big impact.
Who We Are:
At Flashfood, we are on a mission to reduce the environmental impact of food waste and feed people more affordably. At a time where food prices are rising and climate change begs to be addressed, you won’t find a better place to do work that makes a positive impact on people and the planet.
Our remote team comes from a variety of backgrounds, united by our desire to create a better world. That translates into a fast-paced workplace that puts people first. Our casual and collaborative culture makes us who we are. We live by our Culture Boards - a set of principles that drive us to stay confident but humble, patient but persistent, united but able to challenge, and most of all, to create a safe space where we can be authentic selves.
Our common commitment to a sustainable future keeps us motivated to push through the challenges we face together. We’re focused on supporting communities, and that starts with empowering our people. 51% of our teammates and 47% of managers at Flashfood identify as women.
We are purposeful about instilling inclusion into our company culture and are committed to building a blame-free environment where people can learn, grow and thrive.
What You Will Do:
- Propose solutions for secure platform design, DevSecOps automation, tool optimization, application vulnerability management and strategies for risk reduction
- Collaborate with Security Architects, Product Managers, Program Managers, and other teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Build relationships with Infrastructure teams and Software Development teams.
- Work with multiple internal teams to ensure products are designed and implemented according to security policies, standards, and best practices.
- Work closely with platform engineers to implement industry leading cloud security technical solutions by understanding requirements
- Work as a subject matter expert to deliver network and cloud projects from initiation through to successful implementation
- Create detailed documentation including logical designs, physical designs, bill of materials, as-built diagrams, knowledge transfer materials, FAQs, and transition to operations information
- Propose product feature enhancements to enhance security of our application
- Test, replicate and validate security vulnerabilities in applications
- Perform threat modeling of upcoming features and products
- Drive adoption of Policy as Code, adherence to software security metrics
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments & IAM solutions (Azure, AWS,GCP etc.)
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
Who You Are:
- Expert level knowledge in network protocols to include TCP/IP, SDN, SD-WAN, GRE, cloud/hybrid-based networking
- Expert level knowledge in network security solutions including Next-Gen Firewalls, load balancers, WAF, proxies, VPN, etc.
- Working knowledge of related security technologies including SIEM, CASB, Mobile Security, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in analyzing systems designs and code, and identifying security problems
- Good programming skills in Python, Golang, or JS
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef,CircleCI etc).
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and container technologies(Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform Hashicorp Vault)
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services
- Understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks such as NIST, SOC 2
- Understanding of MITRE framework and threat intelligence
- Certifications AWS or Azure network/security certifications, Hashicorp Certifications, OSCP
- Competitive base salary
- Company-wide performance bonus
- Casual and remote-friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Extra-long weekends April to September
- Monthly team events (virtual friendly)
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top Up Plan
- Professional development opportunities - $2,000/year
- Work from Home subsidy
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Opportunity to work with a growing company passionate about sustainability and making an impact on our communities
The requirements listed in job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable, apply. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered!
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.